General Manager's Report
The role of the GM at RDRUFC includes looking at the big picture for the Club and, as the end of the regular season draws near, I have decided to look back at the season and recall important facts seemingly overlooked whilst the 1st grade side has been struggling.
1. Three Colts players - Mark Baldwin, Zeb Holmes and Terrence Hepetema in the ARU Academy
2. Injuries to two players limited their selection in the Australian Under 20 team
3. Sekope Kepu, Drew Mitchell and Kurtley Beale selected in the latest Australian Rugby side, with 2011 Galloping Green Ben Mowen also in the squad. The RDRUFC would also like to congratulate Nick Cummins on his selection. Nick was a member of various colts and grade team prior to his selection by the Force.
4. Alex Isoefa gained selection in Samoan 2012 Junior World Cup team
5. The junior representative program had record numbers trialling. The under 13 and 17 age group teams reached the finals while the under 15 team were knocked out in the semis. The under 12 team were the only side to give the eventual winners, the Brumbies, a run for their money. The under 10s were dominant.
6. The colts are sitting 3rd in the 2012 Colts Championship and the desire is to have three teams in the final. The first colts team is a massive group of young men who have a real opportunity to do something special.
7. In grade we have three out of four teams in the top six - with 2nd (currently 5th), 3rd (currently 4th) and 4th (currently 5th) grade all with great opportunities to be a force in the final series.
8. The first grade is only 7 points outside the top eight - it is a big weekend for the team against Parramatta. It is another ‘must win' game but a fixture we know we can win. The ball is in our court - win all matches in the second round and we have a real possibility to make the final series
9. We are currently only 20 points outside the top 6 in the club championships. This is a great recovery after a terrible start to the season. The colts sit 3rd in their club championships, only a few points behind Norths.
In the bigger picture things are looking good for Randwick as a whole club heading into September. The challenge I believe you should embrace and accept is to get down to Coogee Oval on 11 August and support the players. We can assist the players with total support.
During last Saturday's fixture against Gordon a number of supporters and members were offering their well-meaning and always appreciated advice on the state of the Randwick Rugby but a continuing theme was, "What does the Board think? "What does the Board do?" or "They should do that or this".
Click to view full report >...
Round 13 - 21 July Fixtures
Merrylands RSL Rugby Park #1
1st Grade 3 pm
2nd Grade 1.25 pm
Colts 1: 11:50am
Merrylands RSL Rugby Park #2
3rd Grade 12.10 pm
4th Grade 10.55 am
Colts 3: 11 am at Latham vs. Eastern Suburbs
Former All Black and HSBC Waratahs speedster Sosene Anesi will grab his maiden first grade start for the Two Blues in 2012 after coming off the bench last week to help his side secure a last minute victory over Penrith. The Two Blues will be hoping to use Anesi to full effect this weekend, as they look to avenge their round 10 defeat at the hands of Randwick when the two sides meet again at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park this weekend.
Parramatta make four changes to the side that defeated Penrith last weekend with prop Chris Seuteni returning to the side. Flanker Rodney Ma'a, halfback Wiremu Ranui grab first grade starts, as does former All Black Sosene Anesi who starred off the bench in his Two Blues' debut last weekend.
Randwick make two changes to the side that narrowly beat Gordon last week, Adrian Duchini grabbing his maiden first grade start of 2012 and Jack Tovey returning to the side.
Round 13 Team Lists - Grade >... Colts >...
Round 12 Match reports - Grade >... Colts >....
Round 12 Photo Gallery - thanks to Brett and David - First Grade >.... Reserve Grade>...
Randwick Rugby Calendar >...
'12 Season results update - Shute Shield >...
Randwick Rugby Sponsors
Today's Daily Deal is a very attractive pen set at an AMAZING price! See for yourself >...
Schools Rugby Development Officer volunteer assignment in Indonesia >...
Ready to study? Reduced course fees for Certificate IV in Training and Assessment | TAE40110 Contact Tony Lewis for details >...
A 40 year reunion is planned for Randwick Rugby tourists on the 1973 UK tour. Check the list >... Please contact Ian Kennedy for reunion details and updates >...
Super Rugby Qualifying Finals - Saturday 21st July
Don't forget, Randwick Rugby merchandise and membership available throughout the season >...
After your trip out to Merrylands RSL Rugby Park this Saturday to watch the Galloping Greens, get back to Brook St to catch the Qualifying Finals of the Super 15.
At 5:35 pm, we have the Crusaders vs Bulls. Will all the Crusaders' experience and the home game advantage be enough?
Immediately afterwards at 7:40 pm, the Reds vs Sharks are live from Brisbane. The Reds snuck into the top 3 at the Brumbies' expense, and are Australia's sole representative. Can they repeat their amazing 2012 season finale?
Keep up to date on www.randwickrugby.com.au, Galloping Green on facebook and @GallopingGreens on twitter - 660 followers enjoying updates and myrtle-green news
Next home game 11 August Randwick vs. Warringah