RANDWICK DISTRICT RUGBY UNION FOOTBALL CLUB AGM HELD AT COOGEE SURF CLUB, COOGEE ON WEDNESDAY 6 DECEMBER 2017.
1. The President, Bob Dwyer, opened the 95th Annual General Meeting at 6.30pm.
2. An election of the RDRUFC Board for the 2018 season was not required. The Board for 2018 is:
President: Bob Dwyer
Secretary: Doug Eggins
Treasurer: Ian Bonnette
Board members (8)
Club Coach – Owen Finegan
Life Member’s Representative – Ian Kennedy
Honorary Lawyer – Jim Glissan QC
Patron – Jeffery Sayle
3. The President reviewed the Club’s achievements in 2017.
Click to view the 2017 Annual Report >>>...
4. The Treasurer, Ian Bonnette, addressed the meeting in relation to the financial statements for season 2017.
The financial statements, as detailed in the Club’s Annual Report, were accepted by the members.
5. Election of Stuart Ashton Wheeler and Mark Giacheri as Honorary Life Members of RDRUFC
After an election by secret ballot Stuart Ashton Wheeler and Mark Giacheri were elected unanimously Honorary Life Members of RDRUFC.
6. Wally Meagher Trophy
The Wally Meagher Trophy was awarded to Club Captain, Patrick Hodgetts.
7. Rugby Based Plans for 2018 Season
The Club Coach, Owen Finegan, Assistant First Grade Backs Coach, Patrick Phibbs and Club Captain, Patrick Hodgetts addressed the meeting on Rugby Based Plans for the 2018 season.
8. Outstanding Volunteers to RDRUFC
The President addressed the meeting in relation to outstanding volunteers to the club:
a. John Tuxworth who was replaced on the Board by Stu Rutherford
b. Glen Joseph who was replaced on the Board by Pieter Englebrecht
c. Peter Court who had been on the Board since 1958 was replaced by Ian Kennedy
d. Bob Outterside, the club’s Honorary Historian and Achivest, was replaced by Clarissa Luxford.